Friday, October 23, 2009

holy cow!!! i'm blogging again....

wow it has been almost if not exactly a whole month since i blogged last. well let's see....i haven't had a much time. i get up early and work. get home and if i can, nap. then i get up and go to class. then i get back and have to somewhat sleep to repeat all over again. i just keep thinking.... almost done, almost there. zach has been a wonderful support for me. it is really nice having him so much closer. i get to see him everyday now! i am sure he gets sick of me, esp when i get tired and perhaps a little cranky. but he is so patient and loving. i can't wait until i don't have to say goodnight and not be able to say good morning too. just having him hold me in a tight hug brings such a comfort and peace to my soul. it is as if i were not complete as a human being until zach stepped into my life and now it all makes sense and for once in my life i feel truly loved and adored. it is an amazing difference i can't even put into words. zach makes me whole. i love him with all that i have to offer. i always tell him that i am not much and that he can do better than me. he always tells me that he disagrees and that i am the one being shorted in this relationship. some of you know that i haven't always had the best treatment from the guys i have dated. it has left many emotional scars on me. zach has honestly been the greatest man i have ever been around. never once have i questioned his intentions, or has he criticized my eating habits (other than i don't eat fish). zach is the most wonderful man and i am so excited that he wants to be with me...for eternity! first things first though. so pretty much it's out of the bag...zach and i are going to get married. it is now just down to when he is going to get the ring, ask my dad, propose, and get my official yes. we have talked about it, and we agree that jeremiah (zach's little bro who is on a mission) should be at our wedding...meaning summer ish. anyways...don't worry...we will call every one of you and give you the official news. and keep in mind....the ball is still more so in zach's court since he has to officially ask and all. so stop hounding me ;)
ok well lets see what else has been going on....oh yes...school. i got all As for the first quarter. HOORAY! now to just keep my grades that way. school is going fairly well. i still feel inadequate with my draping and keeping consistent pressure throughout my entire stroke. just when i think i am starting to really get the hang of it, they throw something new at us. i guess that is the best way to keep learning and not get lazy or improper with body mechanics and massage. we did the lower limb in class this week, and i still don't know if i really have found the greater trochanter to use my knuckles to sculpt around causing the muscle belly of the hamstrings and quads to release. the sacrum is much easier to locate if i can get my draping to crisply and smoothly work. i am really excited for acupressure this quarter. we haven't started on it yet. but for this quarter i have; anatomy II, advanced massage, professional development II, and acupressure. some classes don't need as many hours to complete. for instance p.d. will only have 6 sessions. then we will go into acupressure and that will be 10 sessions. if that makes any sense to you all. but the entire length of the quarter is 10 weeks.
advance massage is really cool. i like using my olecranon and lateral antebrachium. i know i am using the anatomical terms to help me but for you that don't understand, i like using my elbow and outside of my arm. now i just have to figure out how to use proper body mechanics to give the best pressure & depth for each client. and i have to get my elbow, knuckles, forearm, and other tools in tune with the tissues of the body. it is a lot more work than i thought massage was. it is really exciting though because i am hoping to take my massage more clinical and professional rather than get tips and just the 'feel good rub down' more people are familiar with.
i want to be able to help my clients become more aware of their own body in order to prevent injury and pain. the human body is an amazing thing. whoever doesn't believe that we come from a higher being rather than monkeys needs a serious anatomy lesson. the way muscles are set up and the movement we can do is mind boggling and we don't even know the half of it! i know i am excited for the day when we can all be gods & goddesses with more knowledge and understanding of things. to be able to have the "ah ha i get it now" moment. well, i haven't had to much more exciting things this past month.
oh wait...i did have a weird thing with my jeep window. it fell down. and wouldn't roll up or down. i had to call the dealer and see what i would be able to do. the dealer i bought my jeep from no longer carries the contract to do mechanical work on my jeep. i had to drive to bountiful. when i called to schedule an appointment, the guy told me my jeep was a pearl blue liberty and not under warranty but there is an open recall on it. um...pretty sure my jeep is black and that i do have the warranty and i didn't receive a notice about any recall. he said just bring it in and then we could go from there.
i took her in. i do have a warranty on my black jeep liberty limited. the entire window and mechanism inside would have to be replaced. $100.00 later and i have a working rear passenger window again. i just hope none of my other windows suddenly fall down. at least my deductible is now paid if i should need any other work done. hopefully not!
oh and i forgot...zach and i went to the aerospace museum a few weeks ago. it was really awesome. we wandered around for a couple of hours looking at all the different planes and cool things they have inside. um, and mona cut my hair last weekend. it is short for me, but zach really likes it. i had 4 &1/2 inches whacked off. mona did a fantastic job! and she put a few softer layers in it as well. when i actually do my hair now, it is cute. i like it and i know it will grow back to be longer. i suppose i should put that short for me is above my bra line. i can still pull it up in a respectable ponytail (have to for massage). i should have had her take before and after pictures, but i was already late so she went over some on time. *sorry mo! i still love you! will you love me? ;)* of course she will. well, now that i have considerably bored you all to death with my rather pathetic ongoings...i should get to my homework. i promise i will try and blog more to keep you all updated on life of me... and zach. :)
and in my old age....ha ha...i forgot to tell you all that for conference weekend, zach & i went up to my dad's cabin in ashton, idaho. we went up friday night and stayed until sunday evening. esther came up saturday night. i think my dad likes zach. i haven't talked to him since we were up. i know, i know...but my father and i don't have the best of relationships so a phone works two ways. zach & i helped my dad put up some siding in the bedroom upstairs. the cabin has come a long way since i used to spend summers there wishing there were some way i could be back in blackfoot or wishing i were my brother so i could help build it. i am quite proud of my dad in that he has built a house basically by himself with eliz's design. and that was conference weekend. and now i really will leave this posting here.

No comments: