Monday, November 23, 2009

weekend with the whole family

this past weekend was incredible. everyone in my immediate family was at my dad's house on saturday. we had our thanksgiving dinner and christmas for some. i brought zach with me and i think my family really likes him. he really likes them. we had so many good laughs and it was just grand to spend time with everyone again. we figured it has been about 2 and 1/2 years since we have all been together. i can't believe how fast chandler, maddison, lily, and isabelle are growing. adam has grown up a lot too. and his girl is really cute. i hope she sticks around. adam is a good boy. i don't think he will be able to make it for christmas. as far as i know, christmas will be essie, me, and zach that are going to my parents house.
i really have missed being around my whole family. adam & cedar asked zach & i to go shooting out at adam's best friend's parents' place. it was a lot of fun to get to shoot again. then we raced back for lunch/dinner. everyone stuffed themselves with yummy food. and then we all laid around and laughed and talked. adam suggested we go bowling. so we did. it was a lot of fun. i really am not a good bowler though. zach did fairly well. brooke did amazing. cedar was just one pin shy of a turkey. and then out of no where...dj took the win. the kids got a chance to roll a few bowling balls down the lane. maddy did better than me...she is 3 turning 4 next month. all in all, it was a grand time. sooooo good to see everyone together again. we are all kind of going our separate ways now that we are growing up. it is sad, but understandable and slightly good.
i am looking forward to thanksgiving and christmas this year. thanksgiving will tragically be very short. zach & i are going to drive down to hurricane after i get out of class on wednesday. then we are driving back up thursday evening since we both have to work friday morning. blah i hate short trips. but it will be fun.
christmas is exciting for me this year. i have been wanting to put my tree up since last week. i haven't. i am waiting until after thanksgiving because i fully believe thanksgiving needs to be celebrated too. zach has been laughing at me because i have been talking about putting my tree up. i have been listening to a lot of christmas music as of late too. i also bought a santa made out of lights. santa makes me smile and i think it is just so cute all lit up. zach has also laughed at me smiling at my lighted santa. i bet he is wondering how crazy i am going to get when i really have my own place to decorate. anyway, the snow is making the season feel more real now. i don't like the cold, but i do like the mystical profound silence of snow falling. i want to take my snowboard out too. zach & i were at the d.i. the other day and found a pair of snowboarding boots that were his size. we got them. now we just need to get him a board. maybe that's what i will get him for christmas. i am at a total loss of what to get him. he won't tell me. i suggest a few things and all he says is, "sure. that would be nice."
to be fair, i guess i haven't been much help to him either. i said he shouldn't really spend money on me...esp since he doesn't have a whole lot of it right now. he just pulls a face at me and says he has every right to spoil me. then i argue back, yes but not if you are going to go in debt for me. and thus begins the grrr moments between us. grrr cause we are both stubborn and don't want to give up, but don't want to push it either. so we just grrrr and then we are done with it. i love my zacharoo. he is good to me. well, i had better get some studying in before class tonight. i will once again try to keep you all updated, but make no real promises because i do stay fairly busy.

No comments: