Tuesday, December 29, 2009

one week down, one more week to go...

Christmas was great. it was of course, too short, but still was great. zach & i went up to my dad's house in idaho. there was tons of snacks and a really yummy ham. esther car pooled with us. mary, dj, and the girls came down from rexburg. so it was quite a house full. i love my nieces, but when the twins wouldn't stop crying and it was about 130 in the morning, i was ready to shoot them. christmas day was much better after they got back from their other grandparents house. maddy is warming up to me and showed her younger sisters that aunt beanie can be tons and tons of fun. i am pretty cool to hang out with if you aren't screaming in my face. the twins are getting better, but they still cling to mommy a lot more than they should. lily warmed up quite nicely to zach. she was running around and tickling him and laughing and when he grabbed her and started tickling her, she didn't throw a fit. she just laughed and tried to get away so she could do it all over again. all 3 girls attacked zach at once and he only has two arms. i should have got video, but suddenly, i was being attacked by zach. he didn't think i should be left out of the tickle war. i have no idea as to why.... oh well. it was fun until all the big people were worn out and couldn't tag team it anymore. then we had to drive back to ogden. blah. too short of a vacation.
i suppose i should post what i got for christmas. my dad gave me a tent, a propane cooking camp stove, and propane. i think this is mostly because the taylor family reunion in july is going to be a camping trip. he knew i didn't have a tent. i actually got a 2 man tent at labor day down in hurricane, but unless zach & i are officially married, we need separate tents. my dad got me a nice 4 man tent. i just hope that i can make it to the reunion. and zach too.
um, lets see. i got a nice pink tool set from my aunt joyce & randy. zach got me very nice portable speakers, closet organizers, and a shoe organizer. zach's sister (becky)& bro-in-law (hyrum) got me a princess frog. and zach's parents (ken & joyce) got me a beautiful glass nativity of the baby jesus, mary, and joseph. it was a wonderful christmas.
backing up a bit.... the week of christmas was a very busy and slightly stressful one. i had massages scheduled not everyday, but ended up having one on monday. one on tuesday. and 2 on wednesday. i am sure if i had packed my table to idaho, i would have also had one on thursday and one on friday. anyway, one of the ones on wednesday was to a 34 week pregnant lady. i haven't done side line draping since they showed us in class the one time. it was kind of intimidating, but i did fairly well considering i had only my memory & a few pictures in my book to look at. she said i did really good and that she hasn't felt that comfortable since she started showing. that made me feel really good. i am glad i could bring some relief to her. i haven't heard anything since, so i am hoping that no news is good news.
i am not really looking forward to going back to school, but i am. i know that doesn't make much sense, but it does in my head. i have really enjoyed being able to not worry about driving down to class and homework. i have also really loved the time that i can spend with zach. (although he has had to work later in the day these past two weeks....) oh well, i still have been able to see him a bit more often than when i was in class. i can't wait to be graduated. i am looking forward to having some free time, although i know it will be filled somehow. i would like to run another marathon. 2011 ogden marathon to be exact. and i know that vacations out to california, new mexico, southern utah, and colorado will be made as well. i can't wait to be able to have time to travel a bit and see everyone. i am so disappointed that my break from school wasn't longer and that zach & i didn't get hardly anything done that we had planned. (vacations to see his family)
my clinicals start in february. i know that seems so far away still, but really it is right around the corner. goodbye weekends. i hope that i can skip a few here and there. otherwise i am going to get so burnt out that i may just loose all my hair. that is, if i don't loose it in the next 2 weeks. work is going to suck!
we were informed that we will be getting a new store manager as the current one is moving up in the corporate chain. also, my boss's husband is going in for surgery on the 7th. with the new year & all, price changes are going to be huge. i think last year we did about 4,000 in one day and averaged that for about 2 days. i don't remember specifics, but i know it was a lot. well, she is going to be gone helping him. i am left in charge. we got a new printer that is supposed to be working and ready to go before the end of the week. no big deal, we just got trained on it today. only problem...it takes forever to print. i don't have time to wait for it. i have to pull price changes, print the tags, sort the tags, work in other price changes, make signs for displays, change prices for managers, and make sure my people stay busy and don't make more work for me. not to mention; the new ad and the old ad tags and signs and sorting them for the night people to hang. well, then my boss told me today that corporate is going to have a special meeting next thursday that i will have to attend. she doesn't know how long it will be, just that i have to be there since she isn't going to be. thursday is our major price change day. hopefully my people can do their jobs. i know that i have 2 reliable people, but i also have 2 unreliable people.
it gives me a lot of headaches and worry. i have talked to my boss about it, but the conclusion most often arrived at is that i need to be more patient. so i just keep my mouth shut and tell people who come to me about problems to just go talk to my boss. it is out of my hands. we shall see how this next week goes. i also will have homework to schedule back in. goodbye sleep.
i should just be happy & stop complaining. i really do try hard to stay positive. it just gets extremely difficult when i have more work to do because other people can't do their simple jobs correctly. i am going to make the most of what is left of my vacation/break and am not scheduling things that i can't easily work with. well... i think i am caught up for a minute. so Happy New Year! i hope that all is well and will be wonderful with a new year & new beginnings!

No comments: