Thursday, August 28, 2008

fell off the earth...




Hello. Sorry it has been so long since I posted. Mostly because my internet at home has been really stupid. I can't get into the internet the way you would think. Only a few of my sites actually work; ok really just my home page and this one sometimes. Anyways, what is new with me... My roommate, Erin, and I got permission to paint our apartment. We picked out lovely colors: a darker tan and a lighter green. Our landlords bought flesh and a brighter green. It actually turned out quite well. I may mention that our carpet is maroon red, my furniture is purple, orange, blue, brown, and cream. The living room is finished. It looks good for just having my experience painting. The kitchen is 3/4 of the way finished. We just have to move the fridge and finish one section of the ceiling I couldn't reach at first. Erin started back to school so this project we started last weekend has turned into my afternoon and evening job. It's all good though because I have no life. Oh well.
I must say that I did go spur-of-the-moment camping last week with Lisa. Ok it really was just Friday night to Saturday early evening. It was still a blast. We camped in a tent in Hope Camp Ground. Its in the Uinta National Park. Saturday we got up and went hiking at Mount Timpanogos. It is incredible and so breath taking. As we were going through the caves, we saw people coming up a different path. They had been spelunking. Right then we decided that someday, hopefully sooner than later, we were coming back to go spelunking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary: Very nice! I am an avid camper- but haven't been in a couple years. I'm waiting until I have a house- that way I'll hopefully have some storage space to buy more camping gear. That's the plan at least. I'm even starting to look at houses now (not seriously though- just wondering what they're going to cost me, is all). Hope all is well with you!
Dav