Saturday, August 2, 2008

california adventures

hello all. I am in California right now. We; Brooke, Chris, Chandler, Mary, Esther, RayLynne, and I, came to San Diego for my cousin Bobby's wedding. Currently we are staying in a hotel, Courtyard Marriott, in LA. Our check out time is noon today. Yup, just the one night. Oh well. It is a pretty nice hotel. In fact, one of the nicer ones we have stayed at. Yesterday was quite a long day. We left Utah Thursday afternoon ish and stopped in Vegas at RayLynne's house. We got to Vegas about 2 am. There was an accident that took a few hours to clean up the interstate. Fortunately we were not in the accident. We had stopped in Mesquite to eat $5.00 prime steaks. I actually didn't get the steak, mostly because I am not really a steak person. Weird, yes I know. Esp. for growing up in Idaho right. Well, I grew up on deer meat, moose meat, and whatever else my dad happened to hunt. Anyway, I got a really good B.B.Q. pull apart sandwich. Messy, but oh so good. Then when we went to get back in the minivan, Chandler threw a fit. Poor guy has been stuck in his car seat for a long time now. It took mommy coming back to hold him for a bit so he would calm down enough for her to wrestle him into his car seat. We all fell asleep waiting for the accident to be cleaned up. The guy behind us began honking when we didn't move and everyone else was. Oh well. We had decided that in order not to be late for the wedding we had to get up about 4 am. Reality....we got up at 5 and left by 5:30 am. Made it to San Diego safely. Went to the wedding. Well, Esther, RayLynne, and I couldn't go in the temple so we stayed outside and watched Chan. After pictures were done, we went to go find food. We were all starving. Stopped at a McDonalds. Then we found this really cool beach. It was beautiful. We played in the ocean for an hour or so then had to leave. Our grandparents wanted to see us, and we wanted to see them too. We visited with them for an hour when grandma kicked us out so we could get some sleep. I love them so much. They are amazing people. We got to the hotel and went to bed. Now everyone is swimming in the pool. I didn't feel like swimming today. RayLynne is getting more sleep too, so I guess not everyone is swimming. Well, I got to go. Today is going to be busy. Chinatown here we come!

No comments: