Wednesday, March 4, 2009

hooray spring is coming!

greetings. i haven't blogged for a while and thought i should catch up. my life hasn't been that interesting lately. i get up, go to work, come home, go running, hang out with a friend, go to bed, and then repeat. most exciting news, i actually own real running shoes. (a must have for marathon runners cause they really do help) i bought them from peak performance. i love having littler feet. i love good service too. i went in with lis to get her shoes and just look at some for me. immediately this guy sat me down, measured my feet, watched me walk and brought out a pair of shoes to fit me. he put the shoes on me and had me walk around. they were really nice and comfortable, but a little too snug for running in. the arch in my left foot is much flatter than my right and because of this reason, i have to have as much arch support possible. the women's shoe wasn't right for me because my feet are just a bit wide. all women's shoes are a little on the slimmer side, but not all women's feet are slim. he brought out a pair of little boys shoes (size 4) and put them on me. the fit was amazing, but the arch support wasn't there since children don't necessarily need arch support that young. so he brought out an insert and put them in my shoes. i can't believe the difference real running shoes really make. i own GT 2140 running shoes. (it doesn't mean much to me either...) the greatest part of it all: since i got little kid shoes, i paid less than half the price of the women's shoes. the women's were in the hundreds. i paid about 50. cha ching! score! wahoo! and the coolest part of it all; the design is called flame. hee hee hee. i am such a pyro. when i first saw them, i thought "they look like fire. awesome!" then i actually read the box, and they are called flame. hee hee.
and that is about it. don't you just love this warmer weather though?! i went running in shorts yesterday! it was fabulous. today is overcast, but it is still on the warmer end of winter. spring is coming! hooray! on the tragic side of things, i think my allergies are back in almost full force. i will have to go buy some allergy pills here shortly. if it means winter is done, i will take it! i hate being cold. in other news, i am totally stoked for moab next week. lis, mary, laura, and i are going camping in moab wednesday after work to sunday afternoon/evening ish. i am so excited to take a vacation. we are going to go hiking, maybe biking, and just relax and have fun. it is going to be great. and here i leave because i don't feel so good. hopefully i am not getting sick. that would just plain suck. i am thinking it is my allergies cause i don't have stomach aches or anything. and here i leave it as well because i really need to go running. i have been slacking in miles, but at least i have been running everyday i can after work. the marathon will be here before i know it. May 16th remember. it is a saturday. put it on your calenders.

No comments: