Wednesday, May 27, 2009

weekend, date, work, and a love letter?

this weekend was another great weekend. mo, es, and i went to cortez to see ma & pa. brooke, chris, and chan came from albuquerque and raylynne came from vegas. it was so good to see everyone and pig out on the wonderful bbq and grilled veggies. chandler is seriously my most favorite nephew ever. i know, he is my only nephew so far, but hey...i still love that kid! he was excited to see me and of course i am a complete sucker for that little guy. only him though and chan totally knows it. i think he was slightly confused when we were up at the place chris used to live before ma & pa moved them to cortez because i let chan pee outside. actually i think he was really thrilled. he and i were walking around waiting for raylynne to get some things when he told me he had to pee. what else was i supposed to do.... so i took him up over a little hill and told him to stand behind a tree. chan's eyes got a little big and he said, "beanie, i am going to pee outside!" it was funny. i can't believe how fast he is growing. he is so smart too. that kid is going to go places for sure. i just hope i stay his favorite aunt... ha ha ha, i know i'm not really. i am his sucker, his beanie.
the drive back to logan from cortez actually went quite fast. we ran into some crazy ish rain through sardine canyon, but other than that it was a smooth ride. much better than the drive there....i got a little car sick. not sure why cause i usually don't get motion sick. raylynne was kind enough to let us borrow a book on cd. i can't recall the name, but it was a bit odd. i didn't get to finish the story however because once we got things unloaded i took off to ryan's apartment.
ryan lives in an apartment complex that has an outdoor pool and hot tub. we went swimming. josh and his friend also had come to see ryan. the four of us did a few laps and were going to chicken fight, but josh's friend said she didn't really want to get her hair wet. so instead, josh dunked me and ryan came to my rescue. i should explain who josh is. josh used to live with ryan at jonathon's house. that's how i know all of them. ryan didn't ever dunk me. instead he tickled me. i am highly ticklish. you don't even necessarily have to touch me to get me jumping. unfortunately, i flail when i am tickled... and i managed to bruise my knee a bit when i was trying to escape. oh well. i will live. after we got out of the pool, ryan set to making dinner.
he made chicken alfredo from scratch. it was way too good and i ate way too much. i had to laugh a bit when he was cutting the chicken. he cuts chicken like i do.... put a disgusted look on your face and chop away, not caring if it is pretty or not. my mom could cut chicken so fast and so pretty. brooke and esther know how to, but i never could get it figured out. when ryan asked what i was laughing at, i told him. he answered just like a boy would...it's chicken and you just cube it. i didn't tell him he was pulling a face. i was a good helper and stayed out of his way. that is my best position in a kitchen i think, stay out of the way. actually i did stir some butter to help it melt. and after dinner, i washed the pots that i could before ryan tried to take the scrubber out of my hands. when he wasn't looking, i quickly finished the rest of the dishes. hee hee hee.
josh's friend had to leave after swimming to go play tennis. so josh, ryan, and i fat dogged a bit. then josh started playing a video game so ryan and i went and watched a few episodes of "the office" time flies too quickly and when i was told what time it was, i almost didn't believe it. didn't i just get there? ryan walked me out to my jeep and kissed me goodnight. no plans were made for hanging out or another date. he told me to text him when i got in so he knew i made it back safely. ok i am not going to lie, i really like him and would like this to be something more. somehow though my gut is telling me that if it is going to be more, it is not the time right now. so that is where i leave that.
work; work came way too soon tuesday morning and also this morning. i have on average only gotten 4 hrs of sleep in the last 3 days. i haven't ever slept an entire night through in a while. i usually wake up at very odd times throughout the night. not too much of a problem, but it does take it's toll. anyway whatever... so tuesday morning i go into work and have waiting on my desk a red folder with my name on it. love letter? what is this? i pick it up and read that as an employee at macey's the dress code is; white polo macey's shirt, tan pants or skirt. skirts to be knee length. only certain departments are allowed to wear skirts. front end, managers, and baggers between memorial day and labor day. i turn to the next page...(this was all highlighted by the way, copied from the macey's manual and hole punched to be stuck in a three ring folder) scanning personnel are to wear macey's shirt and tan pants.
ok i need to explain; i wore a skirt on friday. i wear skirts to work on occasion. i did it last year, and i have done it a few times this year. none of the managers have ever said anything to me except that i look really nice when i do. this folder had no one else's name on it but mine. and was highlighted in pink. who would do this? my first reaction was "whatever" and i tossed it to the side and continued on with my work. then i got thinking about it... was i in trouble? am i really not supposed to wear skirts to work? my skirt is tan, and to my knees. my department is a part of the front end. skirts look more professional. my office gets really hot. skirts are cooler.
then i really started thinking.... if i were really in trouble, a manager, my manager, the store manager would have said something to me on friday....they would have told me to my face not left me some folder on my desk like a child's game. so then i asked my boss about it. she said she saw it there monday, but didn't know what it was because it had my name written on it. so she read it and got mad. she didn't get mad at me. she was mad because someone would leave me a 'love letter' like that and not say something. she told me to go talk to the store manager and ask him what the policy truly is. and he saw me in my skirt on friday.
he said that he thought i looked really nice and was slightly surprised that i actually made more of an effort to look nice. he also said that he would have pulled me aside right then and there if he thought my skirt was too short. he also said that scanning is a part of the front end and that i am free to wear skirts. then he went on to say that someone had approached him asking if my skirt was too short. he told this person that i was just fine and to leave it alone. no action was necessary, esp from her. if any action was to be done, he would handle it. but no action was needed and that is where he left it and told her to leave it.
i think that it was this person who left me that folder. i know i shouldn't think anymore on it, but today i wore a skirt to work again. my store manager told me i looked very nice and that he would keep his ears open to see if anyone would say anything today. well, this person who came to him on friday wasn't there today. i almost really want to wear a skirt to work tomorrow too. and quite possibly on friday as well. i do have three more i can wear that are macey's approved....but apparently not karen approved. in all honesty, i feel as if i have been singled out and harrassed, but not by someone who has enough guts to approach me in person. why would someone go out of their way to copy two pages of a manual, highlight it, and then, what looks to be an 8yr-old's writting, put my name on it "amber t." then put it right on my desk. not even when anyone else was in the scanning office. it was put there either friday after i had left or saturday. we lock our office when we are not there. and only certain people have keys. so i am not quite sure what i should do. right now i am really kinda mad. i guess that is why i made sure i wore a skirt again today. to see if the culprit would say something else or leave another folder. i am not sure if i should wear another skirt tomorrow or not. i almost want to. i am not afraid to wear something nice to work! if you have a problem with it, go talk to the store manager! he said it was just fine and i looked very nice!
tomorrow is major price change day though, and i hang tags for a few hours of the day. i know how to stay proper in a skirt, but i will admit it is a little faster in pants to bend and stretch to hang the low and high tags. i know i can do it in a skirt, afterall, i have ridden my bike to work in a skirt before. if i wasn't decent riding my bike in a skirt, then i can see where the problem is... and the weather has been a lot nicer so i want to start biking to work again. i have been way too lazy as of late. and yes, it is easier to ride a bike in pants. such is life, so WHATEVER!!!
in other news, rather slightly more depressing..... i got off work a bit earlier than i was planning, but that's ok. anyway, my roommate called me and said that there was a blood drive at the walmart neighborhood market. i didn't hear my phone ringing so she had to leave a message. she donated for the first time! i was quite proud of her. i decided that i was going to go donate. well....my iron is even lower than what it was last week. i couldn't donate. it makes me sad. i want to help save a life. and b+ blood is always needed. blood is always needed. i am healthy and love doing it, so why not?! i guess i am not really as healthy as i think...with my iron dropping and all. last week it was a 12.4 and today it was 11.8 and 'normal' females iron usually ranges from 12.1 to 15.1 so really i am actually below the normal. i just don't get it. this has never been a problem for me before. and i have seriously been a fat lazy pig. i feel just fine. i haven't been exercising and the heat hasn't bothered me. in fact, i kinda like it since i am usually on the colder end. so what is wrong with me? i hate hospitals and doctor's offices. and really i don't think i need them since i feel in good health. am i turning anemic? i guess i will just try and eat more iron rich foods and in a few months try again. it sucks, but what else can i do, right. so whatever.
i guess i will grow up now and stop venting and complaining. this blog is good for me though. i can put down my thoughts and feelings and it doesn't matter. i just type and get on with life. sorry for those of you reading if this is a boring blog or if i complain too much. you know you don't really have to read it. it won't hurt me either way. i will just keep on going. on to the next!!!...what that exactly is, i can't for sure say. but life is for living and live it i will. even if i have the most weird, random, whatevers happen to me. and in truth, i don't feel like i am complaining because i don't mind. i just don't get it. i can't wrap my head around it. and that is what drives me the most crazy. i should stop trying to understand the workings of life and just go on with it i suppose. oh well. such is life. i guess it is a blessing and a curse.

No comments: