Thursday, May 21, 2009

wow i have been lazy since...

so i have been really lazy this week. apart from monday night. i went hiking with mary and sarah to waterfall canyon. it was beautiful and i have never done it before. i don't really suggest doing it 2 days after a marathon, but it did help stretch my sore muscles so i actually walked more normal on tuesday. other than that, i have been super lazy. today i actually took my bike out for a ride around the neighborhood. it was fun. i just did the route that i usually run. coming back to my place, i saw a sign from red cross for a blood drive today. i thought, "well they called me last week and i didn't want to go before my marathon, so i should go today since i don't plan on running a marathon anytime too soon." i rode my bike back and walked to the seminary building up the street, where the blood drive was. well as it turns out.... my iron count was too low so i couldn't donate. blast! i love donating blood. it makes me feel good doing something good. and i have B+ blood so they really like getting my blood. the lady explained that exercise and the heat make people's iron count drop, esp women. stupid marathon! i can go try again on tuesday, but i don't know if they will be in the area. maybe i will go look for blood drive signs.... ha ha ha. i am not that crazy. i am just bummed that i couldn't help save a life today. anyway, i am totally excited for this weekend. es, mo, and i are going to cortez!!! and then on monday i have a date with ryan. he is cooking me dinner! it should be a glorious weekend. now only if today were friday. oh well, life goes on. and that is me this week. i know, i know...boring. oh but i did get my official time from the marathon..... 5hrs 2 min 53.8 sec and i placed overall 1424, and 603/760 women, and 49/62 in my age group (19-24). so really not too shabby. next time i just have to beat 5 hrs and i am totally good. anyone want to run with me? i plan on actually really training, so if i can do it, so can you! come on lis..... i know you want the whole thing...26.2 baby 26.2 you can do it!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

No way man... I'm almost out of the running business. I still hurt and I think there may be permanent damage...