Saturday, August 1, 2009

i wonder why

i really do have the worst luck ever. i am trying, really, to stay upbeat and positive, but it gets so hard. today i got up and went to go get my tires rotated since i don't know when they were last rotated. i know that i've put a few miles on them, so i figured it is about time. well, i ended up having to buy 4 new tires. the tread on two of mine were just awful. in fact, the les schwab guy was surprised that i had no complaints on how my jeep was driving. he said that i should have had shaking and that braking should have been funny as well. ok, he didn't phrase it that way. the one tire was down to the warning tread. the other tire had a very weird wear pattern. i was going to just get two tires, but with a 4-wheel drive, it is best to get 4. the other two would only have lasted probably another month before they were down to warning tread. i am glad i went in, but UGH!!! 4 new tires! that is a lot of money. at least now i have the les schwab promise to fix flats, free rotations, and all that jazz. and at least they didn't treat me like i didn't know what i was talking about. and they put new caps on my tire stems. the last place that checked my tire pressure didn't put the caps back on. this is a very bad thing! it can freeze in the winter and get debris in it in the summer causing the tire pressure measurement to be off. this in turn causes your tire pressure light on the dash to malfunction. this costs a lot more money to fix.
then i went to get my jeep washed. the car wash misread where my jeep was. causing my time to expire. so i went inside to get another car wash. i got my jeep lined up, but then the car wash hit my bike and stopped working. so i went back inside and got another car wash, took my bike off, and went through. thankfully i only had to pay for one wash. but half of my jeep got soap twice. my undercarriage got soap 3 times. and my jeep doesn't look clean enough for me, but it is clean. so after 3 times through the car wash, my jeep looks ok.
when i got home after all of this, i took a shower and when i put my favorite jeans on, they split down the crotch. thankfully i can sew. and i hope my repair job works. i have to wonder what else is going to go wrong. i am laughing at my stupid dumb luck. really though, can i just have a rope or something? i just am hoping that tonight will be tons of fun and goes well. i have a date with zach. we are going ice skating. maybe i can break a leg or something since i don't have health insurance anymore. my dad forgot to fax the paperwork i asked him for. and now i've missed the deadline. so i have to wait until january to get health insurance. let's pray if something happens to me that it is in my jeep...where i am insured. anyway... i just wonder why. and now i am going to go get ready for my date.

No comments: