Saturday, February 21, 2009

snowboarding and date night

snowboarding was not as bad as i thought it would be. i stayed on the littlest hill, but for the most part, i stayed upright. the ski patrol guy that was watching the conveyor belt said that for a first timer i was doing really well. i think i will attempt snowboarding again, but just when i actually get a board of my own and money. my boss was kind enough to let me borrow her board and snow pants. mary tried to help me get things figured out, but the ski patrol guy said that since she didn't have a board or skis that she couldn't be on the hill. oh well. she showed me a few basics, and i figured out other parts on my own. at first, i tried going with my left foot forward, but it felt too awkward, so i put my right foot forward, and i did a lot better. so i guess i am a goofy boarder. whatever. it was fun.
date night was fun. i actually cooked. yes i still know how to cook. and it was delicious. i made sweet & sour chicken. the side is snow peas and carrots. i made a lot more food than i thought i would use. we had 8 people so i tried to make sure i had enough. only a few of us had seconds. it turned out really well, and i have left overs... hee hee for lunch tomorrow. i suppose i should tell who took who. i took dax. ok, we did date night at my house, so dax came here since he lives in west bountiful.


mary took thayne.


lis took ryan.he didn't really pose for a picture. so i didn't get the two of them "together" in a picture.

and we set terri up with chris. it was a fun night. we ate dinner. talked about quite a few very random things. had dessert: strawberry shortcake, and laughed and got to know each other. i am very tired now and my computer doesn't want to work completely correctly so i am leaving for now. good night.

No comments: