Saturday, April 4, 2009

chicken with my head cut off...

march has flown past. i can't believe it is already april. i have been running around like mad that i haven't blogged. i am not even sure i can remember what all has been going on to update ya'll. well, i have been snowboarding again. it snowed (blah) but it was great powder to learn how to carve. i can ride on my toes & heels now. so basically i can ride a snowboard the right way. it is a ton of fun, but also very tiring. training for my marathon hasn't been going to well. the weather has gone back to being cold, so i haven't gone running. i hope i can still survive and do the marathon. um, let's see what else... i helped brooke, chris, & chan move to new mexico. it is very sad to have them so far away, but it is such a blessing that chris has a good job now. they have a nice house they are renting. i think they are going to buy one when they can afford it. see brooke's blog for more details i am sure. work has been alright, but not great. i really hate stupid people who don't want to work at the job they are employed at. i don't understand why society has gotten so lazy and why they expect free handouts. it is very annoying! in happier news at work...my boss put in for a raise for me. WAHOO! i don't know when it will happen or exactly how much it will be, but i am excited for it and glad that it will help make life a little less stressful with bills and such. not that i am saying i am struggling, but it is nice to have a bigger cushion.

hmm...what else is fairly new this past month.... oh, i know..boys.... they SUCK! i am frustrated that boys say one thing, do another, and then lie. i was kinda dating this one, and he kept pushing me for more than what i wanted to give into the relationship. he wanted a wife, and i wanted friendship. BLAH! so then, he 'dumps' me and starts dating a friend of mine. he wanted to "keep his options open" yes that is exactly what he told me when i found out. but he twisted it around and used my words when i told him that we should still be dating other people. he said, "well you said we should date other people, so i am" in some ways i am relieved that he has gotten 'over' me so quickly, but at the same time, i am worried about my friend. she hasn't been in situations like this as much as me, and isn't quite as strong when it comes to handling break ups when they pursue the new girl in town. at the same time, i feel like my friend has put a knife in my back because she knows that i was kinda dating him.
well, as it turns out... she dumped him. and guess who he came running back to full of apologies.... yes you guessed it... me. he kept calling me and texting me and when i didn't answer him within 10 seconds, i got three more texts or calls. i don't know why i try and be the better person and why i try to be super woman. i finally agreed to meet him somewhere to talk, but i said, "i have some errands to run so in about an hour i will meet you." he said ok. well, not even 20 minutes into this hour, i get 10 phone calls and 8 text messages from him. i had left my phone in my jeep. so he is guessing that i am on an errand with someone. well guess what buddy....you did the exact same thing to me one night when i wanted to talk to you. you were out with my friend and left her to come tell me you were breaking up with me. and besides that...i was alone, and i was on an errand, and if i weren't alone, it is none of your business! but whatever.

when i was half way through checking all the messages, he called again. he said he didn't have any money so we couldn't go out to eat. when did i say date and dinner with this talk? then he says i can come out to your house. but at my place, no one would be around to 'supervise' so i went up to his house... (he lives with his family and they would most likely be there) bad idea! he kept trying to kiss me, and hold my hand, and just was a complete barbarian. and as far as talking goes.... he didn't hardly say anything. i may remind you that he was the one who begged me to come talk to him and figure out what our relationship is/was. he had the nerves to ask what i was doing friday night after i practically had to fight him off of me. seriously i am so done with boys. i need a man. well, the next day he kept calling me and texting me again. um, i am at work.....can't answer the phone.... so he wants to apologize and make it up to me. sorry buddy, you blew it. not going back to what i know will be the same situation.

oh, i went on a blind date last night. it was the institute spring dance and lis and lady (mary) wanted me to come. i couldn't find a date, so they set me up. his name is sam. he is really cute and a pretty cool person. he just got home from his mission to California 4 months ago. his favorite food is chinese. (big plus!) his favorite color is blue. his eyes are greenish hazel. sam listens to country music, new & old. he does a lot of dirt bike riding with occasional races, but mostly just for the fun of riding. sam's favorite vacation spot is moab (another big plus) he works in construction at the moment and wants to go to school for heavy machine operation in denver or logan. sam broke his hip in a dirt bike accident, but didn't realize that is was broken (cause the pain was sharp then gone a bit later) until his mission when he hurt it again and went in for an x-ray. he can still walk and everything, but there is broken bone fragments in his hip socket. he will have to have surgery on it sometime. the doctors will have to go in and scrape out the bad bone and reshape his hip socket. sam is a good sport though, and still danced with me even though he was probably in a great deal of pain. he never really let on, but he did mention his hip hurt, but he is kinda used to it now because it is constantly there. well, i have to run for now. hopefully i won't be as busy this month and can blog more and keep you updated. oh, i have pictures from last night that i will have to post....so you can see what sam looks like.

No comments: