Tuesday, April 21, 2009

a good omen?

i am back sooner than i thought i would be, but that's ok cause i know you are all worried about what happened with my kia and everything else...... i know you all really don't care. this is more for my sake than anyone else's. but hey, that's life. so i went to the DMV after work yesterday. waited forever but here is what happened and is going to happen. apparently when you purchase a vehicle and register it, it stays in your name until someone else purchases the vehicle and registers it in their name. it doesn't matter if a dealer has it or not because the dealers don't register vehicles. they have their own special dealer tags that get used. so basically it all comes down on what name the licence plate pulls up more than the vehicle vin number. great thing for me that i kept my plates and put them on my jeep. but even if you don't keep the same plates, ALWAYS keep them or destroy them!
the nice lady at the DMV thinks that either my kia was stolen off a lot or it had a dealer tag on it. my boss thinks that maybe it didn't even have licence plates and that's why the person got pulled over in the first place. i honestly don't know what really happened other than the person was driving my kia and was under the influence of a substance. either way, only the driver is ever charged with the dui. so i am all clear of any responsibility of that nature. as far as my kia goes... i showed the proper paper work stating that i had traded my kia in for my jeep. i called rocky mountain chrysler to ask why they hadn't put the kia in the dealership name. i was told that my kia was sold at utah auction and they no longer were responsible. so what this all means and what it comes down to is this... i am not being held responsible in any form, my kia will stay in my name until the owner proves that it is registered to them, my kia is at an impound lot and will not be released until the fine is paid and proper paperwork is shown, and if the kia isn't sold or anything then when they run the vin number and my name comes up as owner, there is a nice notice that will appear and tell them i really am not the owner and not responsible for that vehicle in any way. and the sun is shining and it is warm, so hopefully this is a good omen that this week will be a good one and happy days are here.
as far as jury duty goes, i am still waiting to find out because i can't call until after a certain time tonight. this kinda sucks that i have to wait because today is the day i have to go to bed early because i get up at 2 tomorrow morning to be to work at 3. but if i have jury duty, i am thinking i will have to go in and then leave to jury duty. we shall see. but for now, i am going to go running and i hope to see you all at the finish line on May 16th. it's coming up sooner than anyone could have really expected.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Amber Jean!
I love ya - glad everything worked out with the Kia.