Wednesday, July 22, 2009

bad vs good day?...or just rotten luck...again ish

yesterday i took myself to the ogden pioneer days rodeo. i asked a bunch of friends to come, but not one came. i am a complete loser. i understand that some of my friends actually had legitimate reasons for not coming. the others that said it would be fun to come and didn't show....it is those that i am having a hard time believing they are truly friends to me. i am an adult however, so i am not going to get mad or cry. i am just going to stop inviting people to do things when i know that even though they say yes they would like to come or even yes they will come and then don't show up. i am just going to stop inviting people to do things period. i will make my own fun on my own two feet. i am secure enough to go places and do things by myself...ok maybe not mountain biking alone, but rodeos and dinner and whatever else i can think up.
the rodeo was awesome. i got there just after the pre-show started. so i got to watch the mutton busting, quick rescues, sky divers, and a few other very entertaining rodeo excitement. i took some video from it that will be posted below. the rodeo clown was great! he actually came up in the audience and took some ladies cell phone from her to take pictures. it was funny. my favorite part of a rodeo is the bull riding. call me crazy, yes i know. but i love watching bull riding. i think it is sheer stupidity, but highly entertaining. one cowboy got knocked in the head twice by the bull, and his helmet came flying off. he walked away, but i am sure he has a concussion. there were supposed to be fireworks after the rodeo, but due to wind conditions, they had to cancel. in place of fireworks, they had dirt bike jumpers. they did crazy stunts. now i think that is slightly more dangerous than bull riding. it was still really cool to watch. i got home a little later than i had planned...time passes quickly when you are having fun.
because i got home so late, i triple checked my phone....it serves as my alarm in the morning. today is ad day...i am supposed to be at work at 3am. i got home just after 11pm. i didn't get to sleep until probably midnight. i would only get 2 hours of sleep. oh well...i think it was worth it. anyways, my phone last night somehow shut itself off. completely off. my alarm didn't go off. i didn't wake up. my boss had sent messages asking if i was coming in to work. i didn't get them. my phone was off. i woke up because i was having a very bizarre dream and there was a plane outside flying really close to houses making a lot of noise. i realized that i couldn't have slept two hours. i looked at the clock. it read 5:30. bad words came out of my mouth and i grabbed my phone to see why the alarm never sounded.
my phone was off. when i turned it on, i had no messages, no phone calls, no voicemail. i sent a message to my boss to let her know i was coming to work and that i was extremely sorry about being so late and everything. it's a good thing she likes me and that i am usually a timely person. i got to work 3 hours late. i was working on making new signs for the displays when my phone suddenly went off for 5 text messages. i looked at the time received.... 2 were from 4am. it was now 8am. i got my messages 4 hours after they were sent. great. why does technology hate me so much? why can't it just work? normally i don't really care that much if technology doesn't work for me, but when i rely on it to get up in the morning, and it fails me.... UGH!!!
so here is where the good vs bad day comes into play: 1) my boss and 2 other ladies from work are taking a road trip in september to the stanley hotel in colorado. we are spending the night in the stanley hotel. for those of you wondering what is the stanley hotel....watch 'the shining' by stephen king. it is based from his experiences there. i am totally excited. we booked the room and got the confirmation today.
2) ryan got his phone back today and was texting me for a few hours while he was packing and i was at work. he comes home tomorrow. we have plans for friday after i get off work. i am not sure what we are going to do, but we will do something and have fun. and 3)...jonathon called me today. we are going mountain biking with micah and friends today at 6 at wheeler....or whatever the name of it is. (where we went last week) hopefully this week i can keep up a little better. i doubt it, but it will still be a great ride. i love it.

No comments: