Wednesday, July 15, 2009

exciting things this week...so far

today is only wednesday, but i am ready for friday... i'll get there.
monday was fun. jonathon, lis, sarah, sarah's friend (i can't remember her name....) and i went hiking up the ogden nature valley extension trail. it was great to actually have a group that could come and enjoy the great outdoors with. usually, well at least lately, it has just been jonathon and me going.
yesterday was a very long day. i got about 530 am and went to work. i was extremely bored on monday at work because i had nothing to do. i was waiting and should have done sign orders and price points for the ad that started today, but no one turned any in on monday...when they are supposed to turn them in. so i was behind work all day tuesday because everything had to be done before i left so it could be ready for today's ad. i was so close to finally being done, but i had to pause to go to staff meeting. my boss had left to go have lunch with her grandma & mom for her grandma's birthday. normally she goes to staff meeting. i am not complaining that i had too much to do. i am complaining that i had to wait for people to do their job before i could do mine. i don't understand why things can't be done when it is an everyday/every week, same ol' thing, but this week was 'let's not turn it in on time if we even bother turning it in'. UGH!
so i am getting ready to go to staff meeting and this very annoying person comes into my office. please note that i am basically the only person in my office at this point in time. this person is all upset because all the signs that were ordered were all wrong. they changed what they were doing and all the signs were just wrong. i told this person that it would be a few minutes before i could get to it because i still have 3-4 other things that came to my office before she did. she got a bit hissy fit on me and exclaimed, "well should i just write the UPCs down then" i answered yes and kept working. she only wrote half of the UPCs down for me. thankfully i know how to do my job so i am smart enough to figure out the other codes i needed for her signs. i made the signs and was getting ready to head up to staff meeting when our floral lady brought in roses. one for my boss and one for me...from a secret admirer. it was sweet.
staff meeting was good. our meat manager made his hamburgers for us. everyone else kinda nibbled theirs and couldn't finish because they were so thick and yummy that you could get full from one bite. i on the other hand, could not get it in my face fast enough. i was enjoying it way too much. keep in mind i had already had lunch a few hours before. it is disgusting how much i can eat when i want to eat. after staff meeting, i went back to my office to finish the day's work. i didn't get home from work until almost 3 pm. usually i am home by 2.
i got home and tried to nap so i could make it through the rest of the day and night. i couldn't really sleep. i got up and curled my hair. then i went hunting for slime at walmart, target, and then was finally successful at sports authority. my back tire on my bike went flat on me on saturday. i do have slime in my tires already, but i think i just had too many puncture weed holes for it to be most effective. so i re-slimmed my back bike tire. i will have to check it really quick before i go biking today with jonathon. it seemed to be holding up well this morning. after i got my tire done, i went to roosters. lisa c's birthday was last week and she didn't tell us so we didn't do anything. i decided that we needed to do something. so lis, sarah, lisa and i went to roosters on 25th street and had dinner. it was fabulous.
after dinner, i went to macey's. i know, i know... but that is where we, my boss and other ladies from work, were meeting to go to harry potter...the midnight showing. since the grand majority of us were just coming right into work after the movie, we wanted to carpool and save on trying to find parking at the theatre. harry potter was really good. i want to go see it again....but i think i want to find a guy to take me. i drank one energy drink before the movie, and as soon as we got back to macey's, i drank another. my boss and i were the only ones in scanning today. normally we have one other person, but he called in.
my boss and i made an executive decision that we were only going to work until 11am. keep in mind that today is ad day. i usually go in at 3am and work until 1pm. my boss usually just works her normal 6-2. let me just tell you that i think the only thing keeping me running today was the energy drinks. i got home from work and took a 3 hour nap. i am not sure why i didn't sleep longer...esp for being up for roughly 31 hours. but hey, i need to get up so i can sleep tonight and so jonathon and i can go mountain biking in an hour. and now on to why i wish it were friday... it is the open house/orientation for massage school. i get a free seated massage. and that is why i wish it were friday. they said i can bring friends with me...so anyone want to come to salt lake after i get off work on friday? you will get a free seated massage too. and that is the exciting things this week so far.

No comments: