Saturday, July 25, 2009

this weekend

wednesday night mountain biking kicked my butt. it was awesome, but it kicked my butt. i came home and had to ice my knees, ankle, and wrists. i wrecked 3 times. jonathon wrecked too, but much worse than i did, so i am not complaining. it still hurt my pride a bit. anyway, i am excited about my last ride on this coming wednesday. it will be my last for a while with them because i start school aug 3. (happy birthday mom!) i hopefully will still be able to go with lis, but after this morning's experience....i don't really think i want to ride the canal road trail again. i will explain shortly....when i get to today. i am still finishing wednesday. ryan and i texted a bit more and then i fell asleep.
thursday was an alright day at work. i didn't want to work, but still put in my shift and stayed mostly busy. thursday evening, i went out to lis' sister's house to practice for sunday. we were there for about 2 hours and only got half way through the song. it's ok though...it will be good with help from above. i came home and went to bed.
friday was a great day. happy pioneer day. i went to work and there wasn't much to do. i got it done quickly and still was trying to come up with things i could get done without staying extra. i had asked the meat guys to marinate some steaks for me. they did my absolute favorite steak...the burgandy steak. they picked out two huge top sirloins for me. it's nice to be loved. i came home and cleaned my apartment. then i painted my toe nails. then i read more of 'crime & punishment' and then finally it was time for ryan to come over. he was going to come over earlier, but his truck is in the shop so he had to wait until later.
ryan gave me the biggest hug. it was wonderful. we talked for a bit about LDAC (the army training he was at) and i laughed at how he had to have MRI shots and other shots. he didn't think he needed his vaccination record with him, so the army just gave him new shots for their records. then the two of us went out to jeff & angie's (another of lis' siblings) house and had dinner and then lis, lex, and i practiced more for sunday. poor ryan i am sure was bored out of his mind. he never complained though and said that it was ok. after we practiced, we all went back outside and watched the movie 'robots' on the projector. ok, i should say we finished watching the movie. the rest of the fam had already started it, but that is totally understandable. we were going to light off fireworks, but it was already almost 11pm. it is good to have ryan back in town. i have really missed him. and that was friday.
now on to today. lis & i went biking the canal road again. the last time we biked, my back tire got a puncture weed stuck in it, and went flat. this time it was my front tire. i had re-slimed my back tire, but my front was still good, so i didn't re-slime it until today. there are too many puncture weeds on that trail. i honestly don't even know where they were coming from because it looks like it should all be dirt/gravel road. all i have to say is UGH! now both of my tires have been re-slimed...which i am thinking that i should always re-slime at least once a year. hopefully my tires will be good for at least one more ride, on wednesday.
also today is the secondhand serenade concert at thanksgiving point. mary. lis, and i are going. i am not sure about anyone else. frankly i don't care because they are all flaky people. but i am going, and i am totally excited for it. i just have to remind myself no screaming so i can sing in sacrament tomorrow with lis. it is going to be pretty amazing. lex (lis' niece) made an arrangement of 'come, come ye saints' and 'god of our fathers' just for us. she hears it in her head and just plays it on the piano. let me tell you something though...it is hard. i am struggling. i need your prayers to get through it. if we can pull it off, it will be really really cool. maybe we will record it later and i could post it. but we shall see. i have to go now so i can get my hair and make-up done for tonight. i think we are stopping for dinner somewhere before hand too. it will be a good night.

No comments: