Tuesday, July 29, 2008

update

okay. so i haven't been on here for a while... mostly because I didn't have my laptop all last week. Brooke & Chris borrowed it for the reunion. Let me tell ya how boring my week was without my technology. Anyways...so I worked that Friday in the scanning office alone. As it turns out, I wasn't supposed to be alone. One of the guys didn't bother showing up until I broke down and called my boss at home in a panic and she got a hold of him and it got messy. I could have handled it, but really, I haven't done enough alone yet to remember everything there is to know about the scanning office. There is a lot more than just hanging signs and changing prices. Well, after the guy finally showed up...4 hours late roughly, he made me feel totally stupid and retarded for not knowing everything after working for only two weeks. Needless to say, I was crying by the end of my shift that day and wondering if I really wanted to work in the scanning office. I left work and went up to Logan. After a good chat with Brooke & Chris, I decided I was ok and I could still do the job. Lois would have killed me anyway if I had left. I replaced her so she could retire. The best part is, I didn't have to see this guy for a whole week. He was leaving on vacation, and his excuse for not showing up was that he had to pack. Monday morning, my boss asked me what happened on Friday after I had called her. I explained things to her, and she said that when this guy gets back from vacation, he will be punished if not fired. I felt better. So really not a whole lot really has happened. The family reunion was pretty good. I forgot how crazy my family is. That's what families are for right. It was good to see most everyone....not everybody got to come. And that's what is new in my world.

No comments: