Wednesday, July 16, 2008

wish me luck

so I officially have been working in my "new" job for a week and two days. I just found out that I will be all by myself to run the scanning office on Friday...this coming Friday. Yikes! I hope I can do it. They all keep telling me that if they didn't trust me, they wouldn't let me be there alone, but still.... I can't help but shake the feeling that maybe I don't know what I am doing. so wish me luck. Actually, it can't be that bad, right? oh, my "new" job is in the scanning office at Macey's. Wahoo. All I do all day long now is scan items in the store and make sure that they are priced right. If they aren't, I get to make new tags to put on the shelves and anything and everything you see in a grocery store. pretty easy, huh. My fear is that the vendors will try and push me around since they know I am new and all. Lois has been teaching me well. I got to tell the bread vendor the other day that he needed to decide what bread he was putting on a shelf because our sign said he could only put one kind up...he had three on the shelf. He didn't change it, so I talked to Lois and she went and told the vendor to change it. She gave him some gruff for being mean to me. He apologized. It was pretty cool. Yes, I know....really lame, but still it was cool. The Nabisco vendors are really interesting people too. They don't like it when I ask questions about items they haven't put on the shelf, but we have tags for them. Hey, I'm new and just doing what I was told...hang signs. Anyway, wish me luck and I will try and keep this updated more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogging! I'm now linked to you!

Oaky said...

GOOD LUCK!! You'll do great though! But it was probably yesterday that you worked so I'm guessing you DID great! Have a fabulous weekend!