Saturday, November 22, 2008

Today was freakin awesome...

Today was a great day. I didn't get to sleep in, but that's okay. I woke up about 7 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I slowly took my time getting ready for the day. It started with enrichment with the ward. Lis was in charge and reminded me that I should be there. She made creepes. They were fabulous! After enrichment, Tiff and I went to the mall. She had some shopping to do, and I wanted to see if I could find a Twilight t-shirt. My friend Stacia texted me and said that there was a blood drive going on, and that they desperately needed people. Tiff and I went to ORMC and donated. I love giving blood. And it was even better because I didn't pass out. (last time I donated, I passed out at work and they called an ambulance...i knew the crew that responded...it was embarrassing) Anyway... so after we got done giving blood, I went to the Weber State football game. Tragically they lost 33 to 26 against Eastern Washington University. Weber is still the Big Sky Conference Champions, but they have to share the title with Montana. Whatever. So I am at the football game...(by myself cause everyone had other stuff going on...thanks Lis for letting me use your student id) when my phone rings. Its Jonathon. He asked if I was at the game. I think he may have seen me walk in and sit down alone. I was of course at the game. He was there too...with the ROTC. So he said I should come over and see him. I went. Then Lis called to ask where the game was at and if she should come. The second half had just started. It was a better second half. Jonathon asked if I wanted to grab a bite to eat with him after the game. At the time I thought he was just asking me, but when we met up after, he asked where Lisa had gone. I told him that I actually had plans to eat, but ice cream would be amazing. We actually ended up getting hot chocolate from a little cafe up by campus. Sadly, Lisa didn't join us. Well, I had to leave to get ready for the night, and Jonathon had to study and do homework. I hurried home to change for dinner. Chef made Lis and me a special dinner. It was seriously so good that I actually tried everything he cooked...including the green beans. Chef started us off with the tortilla strip soup. then he had made a chicken apricot something or other for Lis, and an oriental pork something or other for me. These dishes are not on the menu at the Marriott. Chef just wanted to make dinner for Lis, and then told her to invite me. He came out and asked us what we liked about the dishes and what we didn't like and if we had any suggestions. I said that he should serve asparagus instead of green beans. Dessert was eclairs drizzled with caramel and raspberry sauce. The whole presentation and taste of the food was terrific. I loved it. Well, Lis & I hung out at the hotel for a bit...mostly just getting a kick out of the drag queen conference thing that was going on. Then we went to the megaplex where we met up with Tiff and the other Lisa. They had not seen Twilight yet, so we took them. I seriously am in love with Jasper. He is so freaking hot! Anyway...today was just a great day. Now I am going to bed cause I have a caffeine withdrawal headache...

No comments: