Sunday, November 30, 2008

thanksgiving

I had a great Thanksgiving. I hope everyone else did too. I went up to Logan Wednesday evening and spent the night helping Brooke & Chris get the house ready. Ok, really I helped just a bit cause I totally passed out. I am not sure why, but lately all I really want to do is hibernate like bears do. Anyway, Thursday morning we got up and finished getting ready. Chris did most of the cooking, but we all helped. It turned out quite lovely. I tragically didn't eat as much as I wanted to. In fact, I only had one plate full. Very sad day. I really loved how tender and flavorful the turkey was. My favorite, besides the mashed potatoes, would have to be the pomegranate cranberry apple salad Chris made. I am really thankful for my family. The only one we had missing was Adam. He had to work. This was the last Thanksgiving we would have this many of us together for a while. It was a good one. And now we can break out the Christmas music and trees. It really bugs me when people forget Thanksgiving and go from Halloween to Christmas. Oh well. It was a great day and that is what counts.

1 comment:

MKG said...

Okay - I need the recipe for the pomegranate, cranberry, apple salad! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! Love, MKG