Tuesday, October 7, 2008

christmas is coming!!!

ok, ok, really Christmas is still a while away, but today I had to make sure that all the Christmas items we will have on sale are in our system. Christmas will be arriving on Wednesday...tomorrow and available to purchase Thursday morning. BLAH! What happened to Halloween and Thanksgiving? They don't exist do they?! Yes there are a lot of really cute items coming in for Christmas, but honestly do they have to put it out so soon? I have not even begun to think about what I am getting anyone for Christmas. I have not even begun to think that there will soon be snow and I will have to start driving to work again. I wonder when it was that Christmas became such a huge retail nightmare. There is so much pressure to get Christmas out now. By the time Christmas finally comes, we are all so sick of it that we loose the true meaning. I can't remember the last time I was truly excited for Christmas and felt the magic behind it. What kind of a world has this become? I want to cry that we can't even remember Thanksgiving. What an amazing holiday it is. We get to remember all the wonderful blessings we have and pig out and sleep and be with loved ones. Anyway... I think I will veto Christmas until after I remember and celebrate Thanksgiving!

No comments: