Friday, October 31, 2008

halloween

ok. so i am still alive. i have not seen any more of a Toyota around. i should tell you the reason i didn't call 9-1-1 to begin with. 9-1-1 on my cell phone takes forever to connect. i discovered this when Lisa & I were driving to Provo and were almost side-swiped by a reckless driver. we watched him almost take out two other cars, so i called 9-1-1 while Lisa kept driving and trying to stay out of his way. this is what i heard after it finally connected: "the number you are calling is an emergency number. do you know you are calling an emergency number. if you are not in an emergency, please hang up now. if this is an emergency, stay on the line. the number you are trying to call is an emergency number. do you know you are calling an emergency number..." it took about 2 minutes before I got through to a dispatcher. it took about a minute to connect to make the call. I didn't get the licence plate of the Toyota because I didn't think they were going to hunt me down. i also didn't want to hint to them that i was getting on my cell phone. dark car....dark outside...cell phone easy to see light up. i was also looking for a cop. they could have pulled me over and i could have explained to them the situation. and for the record i never believed it was anything racial. i just was scared that some insane people were going to find a way to kill me. so thanks Brooke for calling me mexican.
ok. on to Halloween. I got up early this morning to get myself ready for Halloween. i actually took time to do my hair in curls and put on make up. i am a 10 minute girl. if i can't be ready in 10 minutes or less, i just don't care what i look like. too bad for everyone else. it took me an hour this morning to shower, dress, dry my hair, put on make up, and do my hair. My costume was that of a diva. so i curled my hair and pulled it sort of up so the curls flowed down. i actually put on eye shadow, blush, lipstick, eyeliner, and mascara. Mona was kind enough to loan me some bling. actually, all of my accessories came from Mona. my doggie was on loan from a friend. anyway i got quite a few complements today at work. it was fun to see people do a double take as they knew they knew me, but were not quite sure at first why. i will post pictures after i take them after tonight's fun and games. i just thought i would do a quick update for now. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I hope your heels didn't kill you by the end of the day! You looked way cute though!