Friday, October 10, 2008

thursday traditions?

I think I will have to make a new Thursday tradition. This tradition will be to go get a hot chocolate from Starbucks every Thursday. Quite possibly too I think I will have to make it a soup day as well. Yesterday I went to the Marriott again. I ordered the hot chocolate and then stuck around and talked to Lisa until the restaurant opened. I ordered the corn chowder soup (it is also life changing...) but was given the tortilla strip soup. Oh well. I love them both. Kurt decided to join me and upon discovering I was given the wrong order, ordered me and himself corn chowder soup. It was fabulous! well I got done eating and Lisa was off work so I went home and got ready to go to the gym. I ran 3 miles while watching "the office." running is easier when you have something to distract you from what you are actually doing.... hmmm... anyway, Lisa & I also decided we were swimming after our run. We probably swam about a mile. Lisa did more laps than me, and I think she was actually at a mile and a half. I have discovered I am not a great swimmer. I only am maybe average. I have to laugh at the guys that ask what swim team Lis & I are on....our answer: none nor have we ever been. Then I have to laugh at all the guys at the Marriott that Lis works with. Yesterday I got asked quite a few times if I was her sister. It was hilarious to see their reactions when my answer was "no, but we basically are." I don't think many people really believed us that we are not blood related. Oh well.
On to today... Work was easy today. Our office was not the usual boiler room. It has been so hot as of late that we have to have a fan set on high constantly going. Today we did not have to turn the fan on. It was the perfect temperature. I could only work for 5 hours today. I got a fair amount done and I am beginning to really like Fridays. I was done with work and came home and got my laundry done before I usually get off work. WAHOO! Next weekend will be even better. I got Friday off and Lisa & I & some friends are going camping. I am so excited. And I won't miss that much work because I usually have 35+ hours before I come in on Fridays.
I am also really excited for tomorrow. I get to sleep in. Hopefully go to the gym. Get ready for a date. Hopefully go to The Haunted Village. and who knows what random thing I will end up doing. I do know that it is going to be cold, but I am excited to wear sweaters. It's sweater season! That's all I have for now. Until next time....

No comments: