Monday, October 6, 2008

a week later...

so a lot has happened this past week. I haven't written because I have been out doing things... mostly the gym with Lisa. ok, let me sum up; Tuesday...my boss was back at work. hooray. she was mad because the other people in the office didn't listen to me. but that is usual, unfortunately. they don't like me because I have authority over them and I am the newest to the department. whatever. she told them to get over it. work went alright. I was excited to be done with work because IRON MAN came out on DVD. I bought it at Circuit City. Wahoo! then I came home and watched it. Lisa was then available so we went to the gym. I then had to get to bed because Wednesday is the day I have to be at work at 3am. and that was Tuesday.
Wednesday... Work was crazy. I felt like I had lead in my pants. Time was flying, but I was not moving fast enough to get everything done. I still got it all done, but it was a long day. I went home and took a nap. Then Lisa, the other Lisa, and I went to BODY JAM in Layton. It was awesome. I was drenched in sweat by the time it got done. We decided the night was still fairly young and since we are all poor, we came back to my house and made smoothies from frozen fruit. They were yummy! and that was Wednesday.
Thursday. another crazy day at work. once again I felt like I could not move fast enough. My boss was gone...she had to take her husband to the doctor. there were so many price changes, and I couldn't go help hang them. I had to print and sort them. I was getting so frustrated with my co-workers. They were seriously not doing anything! When I left, an hour after I was supposed to, there were still 4 stacks of tags that needed to be hung. My boss texted me and asked how today went. I told her and she said she would talk to the others. It was ridiculous that with 4 people working, we could not get the tags hung. I was so mad when I left work that Lisa said I should get a hot chocolate...from the Starbucks she works at. It was much needed, so I went and because the Starbucks is also in the Marriott, I also treated myself to Tortilla Strip Soup. Then Lisa and I went to the gym. Kurt invited us to go see a movie at 9. So, Lisa and I went with Kurt and some other people to see "House Bunny." I have to say, I didn't care for it and will try to never see it again. My boss said I should sleep in tomorrow morning (Friday). so I went home and went to bed.
Friday: I slept in. Just an hour. but it was still nice. Worked for 6 hours. came home. did my laundry. fell asleep.
Saturday... was awesome. My phone ringing at 10 am woke me up. Lisa, "where are you?" Me, "my bed." Lisa, "get your butt up and get over here." me, "k. see ya in a bit."
So I went to Lisa's house and had breakfast while listening/watching conference. It was fabulous! between sessions, Lis and I went to Sears so Lis could get some new shoes. We found some really cute ones that will be comfortable for her to work in. then we drove quickly back to her house and watched the second session of Conference. Then I went home and got ready for Girls' Night. the other Lisa, Tiffany, and I went to the Marriott and ate. Kurt joined us. (he also runs the Marriott) He made an executive decision and decided to come to the movies with us. we went to "Eagle Eye" It is really intense and I really liked it. I am sure I will own it when it is out on DVD. After the movie, I sadly had to take Tiffany home. :( She had a rough week and needed sleep. But Lisa, Lisa, Mary, and I went to Lisa's and pampered ourselves. Mary is a Mary Kay lady now, so we got to do facials, and pedicures. It was wonderful! We put on a chick flick, and I was quickly asleep. oops. at least they didn't put my bra in the freezer.
SUNDAY! was great. we woke up to the delicious smells of waffles and peaches. Lisa cooked waffles for us with a delicious peach/raspberry sauce and whipped topping. we ate and watched conference. All of us in our pj's. I actually stayed in my pj's all day... but I didn't leave Lisa's house until after midnight last night/this morning. ok scratch that...we went to Lisa's grandpa's house for the afternoon session and Lis and I also went for a walk between sessions. Conference was fabulous. I really like that we can listen/watch from the comfort of our homes. Sunday evening/night was great too. I hung out with Lisa and her parents. I think I will probably start calling them 'momma & daddy arrington' because I have been up there so much. it is tradition for their family to get together on Sunday. so I got to hang with most of Lisa's family. I love her nephews and nieces. They are so cute. After they all left, Lisa and I stayed up and watch "Iron Man" and that was my week...a week later. i promise to post more.

2 comments:

MKG said...

Amber, you can call me Momma Arrington anytime! MKG

Lisa said...

I can't believe you all left me there to go see a movie and Kurtis went with you! So lame...!!! I really wanted to see that movie, too. I really think I'm not gonna try to be 'friends' with him anymore. It obviously isn't working...