Sunday, October 12, 2008

too soon!


Does anyone else think this is too soon? I woke up today and this is what my car looked like. BLAH! too soon! Anyway... I guess winter is here. Hopefully it will melt this week and this coming weekend will be perfect weather. Lisa & I & some friends are supposed to go camping. I think if it is this cold and there is even more snow, we may have to find something else to do.
Yesterday was amazing. I got to sleep in. I went to the gym with Lisa, Lisa, and Stacia. We were planning on just running and then maybe doing some abs. Well, as it turns out Mike, our Body Jam instructor, was doing his video to actually become an instructor. We were asked if we wanted to do Body Jam and help with his video. Heck yes we do!...want to do body jam. The camera was pointed at Mike the whole time, so it made things better. What a great workout! After the gym, I went to Lisa's house and got ready for the day. Lisa had to take engagement pictures, but it was really raining hard. So, she asked me to come be her assistant and hold the umbrella. Lisa got some really cute pictures, even with the rain. By the time we finished, we were both freezing. I talked Lisa into hot chocolate from 7-11. That is my second favorite place to get hot chocolate...Starbucks is first. Then we went back to Lisa's. She had to get ready for a gala. I had to get ready for my date.
Jonathon is such a sweetheart. I hadn't really decided exactly what we were going to do for our date. I did have planned "the haunted village," and I did know that I wanted to eat somewhere. Poor Jonathon was so patient while I questioned him on what kind of food he wanted and if a haunted house was alright...(some people will not do haunted houses) He was even kind enough to drive to my house and then we took my car to Salt Lake. I took him to P.F. Chang's. Jonathon had never eaten there before. Stupid me forgot that it was Saturday night. The wait was an hour and a half before we finally got a table. I should have made reservations. The food was fabulous! We ordered the egg drop soup, mongolian beef, and sweet & sour chicken. YUMMY! After dinner, we met up with Lisa, her cousin Preston, and his friend. We all went up to "the haunted village" It was fun. I think the scariest part of the whole thing was when Jonathon got caught in a 'spider web' and I was trying to help free him. The others had gone on ahead. Suddenly there was someone standing next to Jonathon. He jumped, and that made me jump. It was Lisa. She had her hood up and the lighting had given her face a ghostly glow. We both had thought it was one of the characters getting up in our faces to scare us. It was so funny. It was even funnier when Lisa finally understood why we had jumped. I swear sometimes my dear Lisa is completely blonde. (you know I love ya Lis!) and ok, I have my moments too....far more frequent than Lisa.
We were all freezing when we finished getting through the village. Hot chocolate sounded perfect. They usually have a hot chocolate table, but since they were closing for the night, we missed it. The snow started coming down. I had told Jonathon at the start that I don't like driving in snow and that if it started snowing, he would have to drive my car. He is wonderful. Lisa suggested 7-11 for hot chocolate. We found one and Preston was sweet enough to buy our hot chocolates. I think this had to do with the fact that I had called Preston gay. He has bling bling earrings and we were all teasing him about it. It was pretty funny. Anyway... Jonathon drove my car home and that was the end of my Saturday.

No comments: