Saturday, October 25, 2008

frightmares

this week has been pretty boring. I did get to go to a corn maze on Thursday with Lisa's ward. It was alright. We only got sort of lost. We didn't want to stay too long there because we were going to go watch "the office" at Tyler's house. TVO is pretty much amazing. Anyway...Friday Lisa, Lisa, Emily, Teri, and I went to Frightmares. I don't really care for lagoon, but I do like frightmares. They had great costumes and makeup, but I never truly got scared. Perhaps it was because I didn't have a guy to protect me, so I had to just protect myself. Honestly though, it wasn't that scary. We all had a great time though. I think the funnest ride we went on was Wicked. I had never been on it before. Wow! It was sickening fun. After lagoon, we went to find a 7-11 for some hot chocolate. Our journey was successful. Yummy! I love the seasonal flavors they put in (pumpkin pie). MMMMM good! We got back to Ogden shortly after midnight and Lisa dropped us all off at our different parking spots. I had the scare of my life driving home from the Marriott (we decided to meet there since Lisa got off the latest). I was behind this Toyota 4 runner and it was going 20 in a 40. I couldn't get around them. The next thing I know, they are putting the back window down and the girl in the passenger seat starts yelling at me and making very threatening gestures. I may mention that they were in the left lane and should have moved over and put on their hazards since they refused to drive the speed limit. I gestured back a 4 and a 0 with my fingers and then found a window to get over. I took it. I sped up and they sped up. They weren't going to let me pass them. Finally I got past them. As I was passing them in the right lane, the girl in the passenger seat really started making gestures and yelling. I ignored them and kept driving. I got ahead of them and didn't think any more on it until I saw them following me. They had sped up and were now riding my butt. I sped up a little more (going 55 in a 40) hoping to pass a cop that I know was in the area since it was Friday night in Ogden on Washington boulevard. Just my luck...no cops. They were still following me, but I had some distance in front of them. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want them to follow me home. I didn't want to pull over and let them do something to me, and I didn't want to keep driving and let them run me off the road. I decided that I needed to do something. There are usually Weber county sheriffs hanging out on the deck in front of the WT fire station. I know all of them. They can help. I was now passing the street I usually take to get home. By the way, I live in Washington Terrace. I took the next street. It leads straight to the fire house. The speed limit in the terrace is 25. I was doing 40. I got in front of the fire station and saw no sheriffs. I stopped at the stop sign, and looked right. Yes! There was a sheriff, but he had someone pulled over. What was I supposed to do now. Pull in front of the person and say "help i am being followed?" I pulled into the fire station parking lot. The Toyota didn't come into the parking lot, but they pulled over onto the street by the fire station parking lot. The girl started making gestures again, but didn't get out of her car. I stayed in mine and turned off the ignition and my lights. we stayed this way for about 5 minutes or so. I started shaking and my heart was pounding. I don't work at the station anymore and don't know the door code to get in. What was I going to do? pound on the door until they opened up? I may mention that I didn't leave the station on the greatest terms with these guys. I saw the girl flick something out her window. I think it was a cigarette or a drug of some kind. Finally the Toyota drove off. I waited about 30 seconds and pulled out of the parking lot. I went the direction they went because I still didn't want them to follow me home. I also didn't want them to go around the block and see me leaving. I figured if I didn't see them, I should be okay. I got home and quickly turned off my lights and ignition. I started shaking even harder and began to think that if they drive around the area that they would find me and who knows what they would do to me or my roommate or my landlords or any of our cars or the house. I called Lisa. She got me to calm down enough to drive up to her house. I still was really shaken up. Lisa stayed on the phone with me until I got to her house. I stayed the night. I hope that these people don't come looking for me or anything. if you are reading this and have any suggestions of what i could do to protect my roommate, landlords, and me please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. Or if you think that they aren't going to come around, let me know so I can take some comfort in it.

3 comments:

Brooke S said...

I'm sure they won't come back. It could have been a racial attack - because I'm sorry to tell you that you don't look Chinese with your tinted windows and the kind of car that you drive...

And you could have called 911 and given their plates to the cops... They would have sent a cop to your area.

I'm sure they won't look you up again. Why would they do that? Did you get a description? Did you get their license plate? You should go home earlier...

Brooke S said...

If you're that scared... move out of Ogden!

Rochelle said...

Hi Amber!
You poor thing! My guess is that they were drunk, high, or both and that they don't even remember what happened! I don't think they'll come looking for you! If it would make you feel better, talk to one of your police buddies and I'm sure they'd give you some good advise! Did you get a licence plate number? Good luck! You're in my prayers!
Love,
Rochelle