Monday, September 8, 2008

hooray for randomness...

so my life lately has been kinda boring. but this last week has been awesome. Lisa and I have been going to the gym. It all started with Lisa texting me if I wanted to come to the gym with her. She signed me up for a one week trial membership with Gold's. We ran 3 miles. It was awesome, although I can't figure out why I can run for 3 miles straight on a treadmill but not outside. Anyway, we got done with our workout and went to go fill out paperwork for me to continue my free trial. My free 1 week trial turned into a 1 month free trial. Hooray! So that is just the start of how awesome my week has been. okay I have to back up a bit...I went to a Mary Kay party on Wednesday and ran into quite a few friends I haven't seen since who knows when. Then Lisa and I went to the gym on Thursday. We also went to a really cool restaurant in Bingham Cyclery. I don't remember the name. Oops. Anyway it is amazing food. Go try it if you haven't. Okay on to Friday. I had a very long day at work. They are setting Halloween and I had to make all the signs and make sure all the items are in the system. Our computers crashed so it made life a little harder. I had places to go so I left and I was over hours for the day too. Lisa called and said she was headed to pick me up. We met up with Emily and her friend Chad at the Utah State Fair. Lisa had entered pictures in the fair and we wanted to see if she had won. Stupid judges...she didn't get any ribbons. Exciting news though....Lisa bought a new cowboy hat because her other one got ruined at the Idaho State Fair. We wandered around the fair for a while and then Lisa, Emily, and I went to Studio 600. Emily's friend's band was playing. The studio was actually not that fun...mostly because it was a younger crowd this time. Blah. So we danced for a while and left just before midnight. Well, as we were leaving these 2 really hot guys kinda started talking to us in the parking lot. Small chat...about not biting the glow sticks with your mouth. Anyway we got in Lisa's car and I said holy cow they are hot. we should get their numbers. or give them ours. Lisa turned the car around and we went into the Sears parking lot, where they had parked. I rolled down my window and said, "hey, so you said you're leaving cause this crowd is too young. how old are you?" they answered with obvious lies. but we chatted a bit more...me mostly just giggling. they asked our ages. They thought I was 19....ok, ok, I was really flirty. Anyway I finally said, "so I think you're pretty cute. can I give you my number?" of course! so we chatted a bit more and then asked them to join us at Wendy's for a bite to eat. Tradition for Lisa & me & whoever comes clubbing with us...we always eat at Wendy's after. So we had a picnic in the parking lot of Wendy's with these random boys I just gave my number to. They told us that their names are Griffin, and Stephen. So we laughed, I giggled, and then realized it was getting late. Emily had told her parents she would be home by 1am. it was now about 130. Good times! So we got home about 2-230 ish. It was fabulous. Saturday morning kinda sucked though. Lisa and I went to the gym...only ran 2 miles and did abs. I slept the rest of the day Saturday in Logan. Sunday..... Sunday was great. Went to church. Went to a terrific fireside. Ate dinner with my family. Drove to North Ogden where Lisa's b-day party was. Saw Mary and more friends I hadn't seen in a while. Met new people. Hung out with Griffin & Stephen again. Lisa invited them and they came. Oh these two are a hoot. I once again was laughing my head off. It was a great week. I hope this one is just as good. I have to go now because Lisa and I are going to the gym. But as a parting; here are pictures from Friday night & Sunday night of Griffin & Stephen. We are so random and I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just like you: I can run better and further on a treadmill, rather than outside. I know the the treadmill is better on your knees and joints for one thing. Also, when I'm outside, I'm more easily distracted and not really focusing on the goal.

Anywho... hope you're doing well!