Friday, September 26, 2008

long week and great food

so today and really this week has been a long one. my internet doesn't really work...ever. in fact i am surprised i can blog this now. my work has been busy, but ok. it actually is better busy because the time goes faster. exciting news... my boss told me she put me in for a raise. i should be getting it on my next check. i can't look to see though because the store went paper free so it's all online...my internet is down. i would check my bank account, but once again...online and internet is not working. i really think this and my home page are all i can get into. anyway...technology and i don't get along. my cell phone isn't working either. it takes 4 or more hours for people to get texts from me. and another 4 or more for me to get their response. i went to the verizon store to figure out what is going on. they basically cleared everything off my phone and handed it back to me. well, this actually made it work for all of 5 minutes. then it made it worse. blah! so i went to a different verizon place and they listened to me and tried to fix the problem. they aren't sure what the problem is. they can't fix it. so i stuck with a retarded phone. try calling me sometime and i think i may still be able to talk that way...of course if i am not over on minutes... hence the reason for unlimited text messaging.
so work has been ok. i got told i am a boss by my boss, esp when she is not able to be at work. there are people who hate me for it. they think they should have got my job and not me. it is their own faults though because they didn't want to work and do the required work i do. on Monday i rode my bike to work and someone let the air out of the back tire. i know it was at work because i rode to work just fine. and if i got a puncture, i have the slime that fixes anything smaller than a nail size hole. since i found no nail size holes, you tell me how else air leaves a sealed tire. whoever did it was smart enough to let out just enough air to not notice it until you actually got on the bike and tried to pedal. i have my suspicions, but no real hard evidence.
so on to today/tonight... I went to work. it was a busy day. got a fair amount done. there was still lots to get done, esp since my boss is going to be gone for the next few working days because she has to have surgery on her eye. i came home from work and went to the laundry mat. the dryer i put my clothes in didn't work...i discovered after an hour and a half and my clothes were still wet and cold. got done with my laundry and came home and watched "clue" its a funny movie. then Lisa texted me and said that the restaurant she works in has no one there. it just opened tonight. i tried to round up friends to come eat with me. everyone sucks. they were all busy or never answered...which means they were/are busy. well, i really recommend eating at this restaurant. It is in the Marriott on 24th street. really great food. my meal consisted of; amazing bread with a garlic butter on the side, fabulous tortilla strip soup, (i would come and eat just that and be terrific),a huge wild west burger, garlic mashed potatoes and grilled carrot cake. all of the food was just wonderful. i really need to just come with people next time for sure. everyone seriously, go eat at the Marriott!

No comments: