Friday, January 23, 2009

duck, girls' night in, long week, and pajama date

The duck last friday night was amazing goodness! I really loved it. Chef does a great job. I have pictures of the duck, and of Lis and me drinking. they are virgin drinks thank you! it is kinda late now so i will post them later. after dinner, we went back to lis' house (twilight is no longer playing at the theatre we wanted to go to) and Mary joined us. we watched a movie...ok, i fell asleep. i stayed the night at lis' and mary had to go home cause she had to work saturday morning. Saturday I helped lis take engagement pictures. then i went to the gym with the other lisa and pumped some iron. i went up to logan and hung out with chan, brooke, chris, essie, and mo. it was good to see them since i hadn't since christmas. i need to back up a bit... saturday morning i received two phone calls. the first was from my dad. he was calling to let me know that the family dog, prince aka goose, had died friday night. the second was from uncle doug. he called to let me know that aunt iola had passed away friday night. it was kind of a rough saturday. sunday was good. i stayed up in logan and had some laughs with the family. then i had to come back to ogden cause i had to work monday morning.
the rest of this past week has been a bit of a blur. it has all gone so quickly and yet it also seems to have dragged on. monday i ran 4 miles with rebecca. tuesday i went to body jam. wednesday i ran 7 &1/2 miles with rebecca and also went to body jam in layton with lis. they launched a new body jam dance sequence on tuesday and then launched it wednesday for layton. it ROCKS! ok i still can't dance or jam, but it is a lot of fun! highly recommended for everyone! i was completely exhausted since i was up at 2 AM wednesday morning to be to work at 3 AM. I may mention that i didn't get to sleep until after midnight. my landlords have been remodeling their bathroom, and it tragically effects mine. ah the joys of renting.... anyway, the week has been a long one, and i haven't still really caught up on any kind of sleep. i crashed wednesday night, but had to get up at 4 AM to be to work at 5 AM thursday morning. I usually don't go in until 6, but with me leaving to attend aunt iola's funeral, my boss was kind enough to let me go in an hour early so i didn't miss too many hours of work. (i still got my 40 in for the week though)
thursday....aunt iola's funeral was beautiful. it was so good to see everyone who made it. i felt really stupid though for not remembering more people. i know i know them, but i probably haven't seen them since i was very little. we need a carpenter reunion before another funeral! anyway, the talks were great and i felt like i got to know aunt iola a lot better. the whole thing did bring back some memories of mom's funeral, and i was crying when they sang "families can be together forever" Mom, i miss you so much! i hope i am making you proud. i think about you everyday. I love you Mom! to everyone who didn't make it; uncle doug & aunt maryanna send their loves and hope to see all of you soon.
i went to body jam thursday evening and then went to a 10 stake activity at the rock climbing wall in the solomon center. it was so much fun! i haven't been rock climbing since my class two years ago. it was a blast, even though i didn't make it to the top. hey i had a hard section that you had to go up around a ledge before you could climb straight up. but on to the pajama date...
i really don't have much of a life. mary texted me today and asked what i was doing this evening. my plan was to sleep, but who needs sleep when you can go on a pajama date?! yes indeed we all were in our pjs. it was freakin awesome! james asked mary and also had a friend. mary said she had a friend (me) so it was a double date. i have to laugh a bit because when mary asked me it was, "want to go on a date with me tonight?" for about half the day today, i thought she was wanting a girls' night but didn't want anyone else. i know i am crazy. anyway.... so i didn't even know who was taking me on this date. then when i got the text that asked if i would be willing to come in pajamas i asked mary who i was going out with tonight. i was told his name was taylor. this was not his name. I went out with Jake tonight. it's okay though because james had told jake that my name was annie. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
so we went in the fog....up to brigham city. we ate at quiznos. it was delicious! then we went to "paul blaurt; mall cop" funny movie, but it is a bit cheezy and stupid humor. i was laughing, i will admit it. but i don't think i will see it again...at least not in the cinema. so that has been my adventures this week. i am excited for tomorrow. since i got my laundry done today, i get to sleep in. and when i wake up, i am going to go running and then clean my place for my date tomorrow night. lis, mary, and i are having a date night. we all found dates and we are going to make dinner and play games and just have fun. now it is late and i am going to bed after i finish texting mary. she tells me that jake is madly in love with me and would like a second date. i told her that i would go, but it would need to be something that we can get to know each other and see what happens. mary's solution; mountain biking in the snow. I am totally game! but no ice because i can't afford broken bones...esp with marathon coming up and bills to pay.

No comments: