Monday, January 26, 2009

my saturday night date

saturday night was a lot of fun! i took taylor. lis took mikey. and mary took chan. we just hung out at my place. okay, we were on a date so it wasn't hanging out, but we just were all chill and had a blast. mary cooked dinner; chicken enchilada something...i can't remember what she called it. and lis made a salad; spinach and mandarin oranges with creamy poppy seed dressing. and i contributed strawberry daiquiris and skookies. lis also made us frozen hot chocolates. it was really quite a fun date. and the thee of us are plotting to have another date night here soon. lis and mary already have their dates. i can't decided who i am going to ask. anyway...we played games and laughed and just had a good time. i do have to tell you my most embarrassing moment now (although, i am sure to top it soon, knowing me...)
so my landlords have been remodeling their bathroom. sadly it has effected my roommate's and my bathroom. well, they thought it was done...then the pipes began to leak. this made my apartment smell like sewage. it has been getting better, but still smelled of it on saturday night. mary & chan beat lis and i back to my place. i had left the door unlocked knowing it would probably be that way since lis' date lives in hooper. my roommate had plans saturday night with her family then her boyfriend after. (meaning she wouldn't be there) mary had sent me a message when she got here that she heard someone there. i didn't get that message until the end of the night because i had turned my phone on silent. i should have realized that erin's car was not in the driveway. for some stupid reason, i thought it was her in the bathroom making all the noise. my landlady was practicing her violin and everyone was amazed at how well you can hear everything going on upstairs. i told them yes, i do hear quite a bit. i can't remember what i had to get from my room, but i passed by the bathroom and realized that it was not erin, but my landlord that was in the bathroom. he was fixing the hole in the ceiling. i went bright red. when everyone else realized why i was red, they continued the humiliation. i don't know for sure if my landlord heard me, but i am most certainly embarrassed.
to make matters even worse....my landlords began to vacuum. it was 10:30 at night. who vacuums that late? so mary's date really started getting loud and commenting on how loud my landlords are. i hopefully will not be evicted. after all, this is the first time that i have had people over and the first time we have been loud. but who knows for sure if they heard that i can hear. it was quite entertaining. the whole night was just a lot of fun. we finally ended about 12:30 ish. it was a great, inexpensive, date and i am looking forward to doing a similar date in the future. (two weeks i think) hey...it is a new year's resolution for lis and i support it because i should have made it myself.
now boys; i don't know what is going on between jay and me. i think we are at an impasse. hopefully we can figure out if things will proceed forward or if we are just friends. difficult since we haven't really talked, and can't at work. taylor and i are currently good friends. it is totally his move if it goes anywhere more than that. jake and i could be good friends. and thayne is someone who i am debating on asking out. i would like to set him up with one of my friends, but if he asked me out i would definitely say yes. jonathon and i are convenient friends and if he were to pursue it further, i am not sure i would say yes. and that is the boy update as far as my knowledge of it goes. wow...i just realized that i am not so much of a pathetic looser as i tend to think i am.
marathon update; i am still running. not as much as i should, but at least i am going to do it! the marathon is on May 16th. it is a saturday so come cheer me on if you can cause i will need all the support i can get. i understand if you don't support insanity, but hey....you all still love me. and this is where i end things today. oh wait.... HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I will most definitely be there cheering you on!