Thursday, January 15, 2009

monday night date and the rest of the week

monday.... night; i live in the basement of a house. in order to get to my door, you have to walk through the car port and down the stairs. i told taylor this. he must have forgot. when he was supposed to be at my house to pick me up, i heard someone outside, but they went upstairs. then i heard taylor say, "is amber here?" my poor landlords probably were very confused at why someone would come to their door looking for me. it was quite funny. so i ran to my door and hollered, "down. down the stairs silly." he came down the stairs and in his hands he held a single red rose. aww. too bad i don't really like roses. don't get me wrong, i love flowers...but roses have become too common. i am a lily person. it was still a very sweet gesture. he was the perfect gentleman. taylor opened my doors. and waited until i was comfortably in the seat before he shut the door. it was sweet. he took me to famous dave's bbq in layton. i had never eaten there.
it smelled sooooo good when we first walked in. taylor let me know what his favorites were and told me to feel free to order whatever it was i wanted. then he proceeded to say, "this is bbq and it gets messy. i make no promises to stay polite." i whole heartily agreed. the food was amazing. we both ate so much that we had food babies. it was fabulous. we talked about the most random things and laughed and ate and when we were finished eating, we both had to just sit for a minute and let the food settle before we went off to the next part of the evening. we went to a movie. and just because i said that, i can't remember the name. it was very stupid. in fact... i think the only way i would see it again is if i were drunk...and since that will never happen because i don't and won't drink...i will likely never see that movie again. so it doesn't matter that i can't remember the name. anyway we had a great night together and at the end, he gave me a big hug. i love hugs.
tuesday...i didn't go running, but i went to body jam. it felt really good to get my body moving again. i have become a very lazy person...not good when you are training for a marathon in 5 months almost to the day... anyways. it was great. then i went to bed because i had to work at 3 AM the next day. wednesday...ad day...i have to make sure all the displays have the correct price on the tags. wednesday was not a very exciting day. i worked until about twelve thirty. i have stayed longer before. then i went and had lunch with lis, rex, and rex's wife at a taco stand on 25th street. delicious tacos...2 for $1.00 amazing goodness. thank you lis for inviting me. after lunch i went to a park in the terrace and read "the shining" i am borrowing it from my boss who just got done reading it and said i had to. i am not done, but it is an intriguing novel. i will read more tonight after i shower and finish this. i decided that since it was such a nice day, i should go running. i went to the gym instead and went swimming. i thought about it, and i realized that if i am not going to the gym as often as i should, that i should probably look into dropping my membership. lis and i discussed this after lunch for a while and she talked me into keeping it for a bit longer. she is or will be teaching body jam...giving me more of a reason to go to the gym.
on to today...thursday. i made the realization that i have not talked to jay all week. he has not talked to me either. we have passed our usual "good mornings" but really haven't said anything more than that. i keep debating on whether or not i should ask him out or if he should be the one to ask me. he has been sick, but has not taken work off. i am not sure, but i think he doesn't have any sick leave left from his week absence about a month ago. i really should stop talking about him. i am sure you are sick of it. i just had come to that reality today and thought i would share. so back to my day. work was alright. there were not too many price changes. i got off and had to go take a copy of my fire certs to the dealership so they can approve my fire plates being transferred to my jeep from my kia. then i went to the gym for body jam. after jam, lis and i had planned to go swim, but the pool was really crowded and people didn't want to move over and make room so we all could swim. oh well, we just sat in the hot tub. it was fabulous. and now i am and need to get in the shower. i hate the smell of pool water, community pool water, on me. i am totally stoked for tomorrow night! Chef is making lis and me duck. i love duck. lis has tragically never had it before. then we are meeting up with some other girl friends and making a night of it. it will be good to hang out with friends. twilight is on the menu after dinner....hee heee it will be number 9.... what a pathetic life i lead. this is what happens when guys don't ask girls out... but whatever. ok i think i am all caught up now. so this has been my week.

No comments: