Tuesday, January 6, 2009

IFLY...do you?

today has been quite a fun day. I was a little bit late to work this morning cause I actually had to clear snow off my jeep. I found out the hard way that if I don't clear off the top of my jeep, while I am driving, slowing down, or stopping, all the snow on top comes tumbling down my windshield...making it so I can't really see. the snow is the thick wet stuff, so wipers aren't too helpful. Oh well, I still love my jeep. I don't have a name yet for her though. Anyway...work went fairly quickly. I got to leave early since yesterday I stayed later than planned. It was a good thing that I got to leave early though cause Lis had scheduled an IFLY appointment for us. We had passes that gave us a huge discount. Can I just say that skydiving indoors is much cooler than I thought it was going to be...and a workout! The two things that the instructors can't stress enough are; keep your chin up and hold still. The two things that Lis and I recommend are; blow your nose before, and empty your bladder before. The air is very good at dragging out your snot and spit from your nose and mouth. Really disgusting, but flying is so much fun!!! The instructors are awesome, and have been doing it for a while...they showed off some. We just got to stick with basics, but it's all good for me. Esther...we are totally going to go together. I know you have actually been real skydiving, but this is pretty freaking awesome too! In fact, most skydivers use the indoor as a practice facility. So...on to tonight... I am going to BODY JAM! WAHOO!! It will be nice to get my fat, lazy body moving again. Esp. since I am going to run a marathon on May 16th. Put it on your calendars! The other fun thing I get to do tonight is plan a group date for friday night. I think the plan is going to be; sledding, making some type of dinner, and playing games. Simple, fun, and fairly inexpensive...which we all need. I have my date picked out...and he said yes when I asked him today. yes, I asked Jay.... and I am excited! :) Hopefully the weather is good, but if not, I now have 4-wheel-drive...not 4-wheel-stupid, 4-wheel-drive. I know I am not invincible...in fact, it is scarier driving a new car and getting used to it in the snow. Anyways... I am excited and we will have a great time! so my final parting today is a picture of my IFLY certificate. Have a great night...I know i will! Body Jam time!

No comments: